Find Print Books in the Library Catalog
Find Print Books:
- Use the Advanced Search to limit your search to only print books.
- Type in your search terms using the search tips below.
- Under Location, choose Circulating Collection to locate books you can check out.
- Click Submit.
- Click on the book title to open its record and click Request Item to request the book be mailed to you. If the book is a Reference book and can only be used in the library, contact OCLS and request sections of the book to be scanned and emailed to you.
- Use quotes ("criminal justice") to find a specific phrase.
- Use an asterisk (crim* - crime, criminal, etc.) (prison* - prisoner, prisons, etc.) to find different work endings
- Use similar terms, separated by OR (crime OR prison) to locate sources with BOTH terms.
Type your search in the box below! The catalog search will pop up in a new window.
Or click Advanced Search to bring up the catalog Advance Search in a new window.
Find eBooks in the Library Catalog
- Use the Advanced Search to limit your search to only eBooks.
- Type in your search terms.
- Under Location, choose Electronic Books to locate all IWU eBook collections.
- Click Submit.
Click Advanced Search to bring up the catalog Advance Search in a new window.
Or type your search in the box below! The catalog search will pop up in a new window.
You may ask, "Why would I use an encyclopedia or reference book for my research?".
Start your research by scanning a reference book to generate ideas about how to narrow or search for your topic.
You'll find keywords and related topics for your search strategy. You might even create an initial outline.
Reference articles usually offer additional resources in a bibliography you can use to track down more information!
Available Books and Reference Books